Any Trader Joe’s lovers out there? I’m sure I’m getting a resounding yes to that question :).
For me, Trader Joe’s in one of those place where there’s always something new to try. However, the closest Trader Joe’s is about 35 minutes away, so it’s not a place I get to often. Due to this, my trips gotta be worth it!
I keep an ongoing list of the amazing products I see bloggers write about and pick them up during my infrequent trips to the store. Since it’s helpful for me to see what others are buying, I figured I’d too share what’s on my Trader Joe’s list!
First up…”The Usuals.” These are items that are on my list with each visit.
- Hummus: Their hummus is amazing- I’ve tried many flavors and have yet to find one I didn’t love. If you’re not a fan of the garbanzo beans flavor of hummus, the Tomato Basil flavor really masks it.
- Trail Mix: Pete and I are big fans of their trail mix. Usually we get the mix with cranberries, cashews, and almonds but decided to try a new one with peanut butter cups- we are thrilled we did.
- Crispy Crunchy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies: Pete’s a huge oatmeal raisin fan and these bite sized cookies are the perfect size for a little sweetness after dinner. I’m also a lover of their Joe Joe’s cookies, but decided to just get one dessert item this trip.
- Organic Brown Rice: Microwaved in 3 minutes. Flavorful and healthy- makes the perfect side dish.
Ok, next up is what I like to call “Wine Festival Goodies.” These are items that I buy sporadically throughout the year, but absolutely make sure to get each year for the Wine Festival.
- Creamy Toscano Cheese Soaked in Syrah: Need I say more? The cheese is soaked in wine, ladies and gentlemen! And it’s that type of cheese that is just so soft it melts in your mouth. Go buy some. Now.
- Pinot Grigio White Wine Artisan Salami: Again, soaked in wine. Now, I don’t eat salami. But for the festival, I’ll slice the cheese and the salami and put it in a little serving tray for everyone to enjoy.
- Roasted Gorgonzola Oven Crisp Crackers: I buy these year round to enjoy with hummus or even on their own. For the wine festival, I eat them with the syrah cheese. So good!
And last but not least, “The Newbies.” There is always something new to be tried at Trader Joe’s!
- Chicken Taquitos: I picked these up because Chicken Taquitos are a meal I make often and I figured I’d try their frozen version. Plus, with going back to school, these can be a quick dinner when I have a late night.
- Spinach Tortellini: If you’ve ever been to Trader Joe’s, you know they’re always sampling something. When I went last week, it was their spinach tortellini- well, they got me! They served it with a spicy sauce that gave it the perfect kick- I’ll be sure to do the same.
- Fig Cereal Bars: Welp, you may have noticed from my blog title that I’ve got a thang for figs. During the school year, I’m always looking for a snack around 3:30. When I was shopping, I was trying to find something that would work well during that time. Enter these fig bars. I haven’t tried them yet, but will next week and bet they’ll be super tasty.
Aside from these items, I also picked up lots of fresh produce and some whole wheat pizza dough.
My hope is that you got some new ideas for what to try/buy next time you’re at Trader Joe’s.
I’d love to hear about some of your favorite TJ’s products!