I am thrilled to have been nominated for my very first blog award! Nicole, from A Wild Hope, selected me for a Liebster Award. A Liebster Award is something given by a fellow blogger to any blogger that he or she feels is worthy. It is a way to let the world know about your favorite up and coming blogs, and I’m honored that she thought of me. Nicole is actually my college roomie and it’s been fun to keep in touch via our blogs.
As an award winner, my job is to complete the following tasks:
First I must tell you 11 random things about myself:
- I am a first generation Italian. Both of my parents were born in Italy, as well as many of my aunts and uncles. We have family in Italy that we visit every few years – seen below are American and Italian cousins in Italy.
- I have a major fear of ghosts. It stems from my father telling me a real-life ghost experience of his all my life. I don’t know what I’d do if I ever saw one.
- The night I met my husband I almost got into a fight with a guy and my now-husband had to hold me back as my arms were flailing. Memories.
- I’m a yogi and have been researching becoming certified. Sooo expensive. For now, I think I’ll stick to attending classes and practicing challenging poses, such as bird pose.
- My husband and I really want to try making our own wine. In our garage. Hm.
- The Indie Rock station on Pandora makes me happy.
- My biggest pet peeve is probably creepers at the gym. Grunters, I’m talking to you.
- I grew up in a family of HUGE Yankee fans. Everyone that married in is a Yankees fan. I had to go and marry the Red Sox fan.
- I’m not a coffee drinker. I’ll never drink a cup of coffee someone makes in their home. But Starbucks? Oh yes. White Chocolate Mocha. I’m in. Pumpkin Spiced Latte. Please, sir.
- I have two tattoos. They are both hidden so it always surprises people to learn that.
- I really like wearing hats. A lot.
Next, you should know I am nominating these 11 bloggers for a Liebster Award
- Daily Moves and Grooves
- His-n-Hers Healthy-n-Happy
- Sprouts N Squats
- Making it My Home
- The Girl on Fire Now
- Daily Cup of Kate
- Fruit N Fitness
- The Healthy Maven
- Saving Money in Your Twenties
- Casa de Berry
- Journey in my Thirties
And, I have to answer these 11 questions created by Nicole:
1. If you could have lunch with any person in the world, living or deceased, who would it be and why?
Mary Magdalene. I’m fascinated by her relationship with Jesus Christ. Wow, that was deep for question 1.
2. Describe a turning point in your life, and how things changed after its occurrence.
I went through a really negative and emotionally abusive relationship before I met my husband. When I finally left, it was like finding myself again. Things that made me “me” had been hidden for a long time and I was finally able to experience life. OK then can we get a light question!
3.What is your mantra at the moment?
My mantra has always been “Everyday is a new day.” It encourages me when something has me down and helps me to realize it can all turn around tomorrow.
4. If you could build your dream home anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
5. If you could only decorate your house in 1 color, which would you choose?
Well my favorite color is green but I’d never paint my house green. So I’d go with something neutral, like grey.
6. Which element of nature (earth, wind, fire, water) do you find most calming?
7. Who is your favorite Disney character?
Aurora. Probably because the only Disney movie we had as kids was Sleeping Beauty.
8. What is your favorite indulgence?
Anything sweet. I have such a sweet tooth! Can’t even choose…cookies, ice cream, brownies, cake. Nomnomnom.
9. What is one thing you would like to do in your lifetime that people wouldn’t expect of you?
Well, it’s something I’ve already done that always seems to surprise people. I’ve gone sky diving twice and would go again in an instant!
10. If you had to leave your home in the middle of the night and you knew you might not be able to come back, what three things would you take with you?
My nonna’s ring. Everything else can be replaced, but not that.
11. If you were stranded on a deserted island, which book would you want to have with you?
Finally, here are 11 questions to be completed by the nominated bloggers:
- How did you meet your significant other?
- Do you feel to be a successful blogger you have to fit into a “mold”?
- Do you vary your meals or eat the same things everyday?
- What is your biggest fear?
- Which season is your favorite and why?
- What fictional character from a book really had an emotional influence on you?
- What is a way that you’ve “paid it forward”?
- Do you have a go-to outfit that you live in?
- If you could go back in time and live in a certain time period, which would it be and why?
- What is your favorite blog post you’ve written?
- Are you an introvert, extrovert, or somewhere in between?
To the nominated bloggers, here are the rules to follow:
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers that you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love.
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers that you nominated to answer.
6. Let all of the bloggers know that they’ve been nominated. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
Thanks for reading! Looking forward to reading the responses from the nominated bloggers!