Hi everyone! Hope you are well 🙂
Last Monday I posted for the first time about prepping food for the week. I loved reading all of your responses and it encouraged me to post my prep for this week as well! First off, here’s my gym schedule for the week:
- Monday: BodyPump 5:00
- Tuesday: Yoga 4:30
- Wednesday: Strength using this workout from the Tone it Up gals
- Thursday: Spinning 4:30
- Friday: off
- Saturday: Spinning 9:30
- Sunday: off, will be celebrating our friend’s wedding!
As I did last week, Monday’s dinner is going to be a baked dish and was completely prepared yesterday so that Pete can just put it in the oven when he gets home. Below is the meal plan and descriptions of what was planned in advance.
- Monday: Lasagna Roll-Ups (recipe coming Friday)
- Tuesday: Turkey Bacon, Avocado, and Chicken Quesadillas with Rice (never got to make this last week due to a power outage- promise I’ll photograph this week to get a recipe post up)
- Wednesday: BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Thursday: Jacked Up Egg Salad Sandwiches
- Friday: Risotto with Side Salad (never got to make this last week b/c we went to a ball game with friends)
To begin my food prep, I started by preheating our Foreman Grill and setting a large pot of water to boil.
While waiting for both, I started gathering my ingredients to completely prepare the Lasagna Roll-Ups.
Once the Foreman was preheated, I grilled up all chicken breasts needed for the week as well as the turkey bacon needed for Tuesday’s quesadillas.
My lasagna noodles were cooked at this point…
so they were drained and left to cool off while I chopped all of the chicken.
Also completely chopped was the bacon as well as onion needed for the BBQ pizza recipe.
Finally, I rolled up all of the lasagna. All meals were separated into tupperware and labeled if needed.
This week I was able to prep my meals and wash dishes in one hour, as compared to two last week. I’m not sure if that’s because I had a bit of experience or if the meals were just easier, but it was definitely a good feeling.
Last week was my first week having meals prepped and I’ll tell ya, it was such a relief to come home each night and have the meal completely or partially ready. I’ll definitely be keeping this up as much as possible!
What are some meals that you prep in advance? I’d love to have more ideas!